Sunday, July 6, 2014

ISTE Reflection


Now that ISTE is over an I have had a couple of days to reflect (and sleep) I found that this was one of the most amazing transformative adventures of my teaching career.  Being a new technology coach and partnering with Digital Promise I went to Atlanta for ISTE, without really knowing what to expect.

I was very fortunate to have an amazing friend that I met a few years back while getting my masters degree in instructional technology.  The moment that I found out that I was apart of this iPad pilot as a coach I reconnected with my friend who gave me tips and ideas about what to expect at ISTE.  She also introduced me to so many wonderful people with so much knowledge to share.

I found that most of the time I was overwhelmed by all of the information that was out there and how willing everyone was to share.  The energy that was flowing through Atlanta’s conference center was invigorating.  After a long year of teaching it was rejuvenating to be with all of these like minded individuals.  All of these people here for the same reason and the conversations were enlightening.  I learned many tips and have new ideas; I did see some amazing seminars and heard awesome speakers but I found that the most amazing thing was the connections I made with these amazing people from everywhere is the key to me being a successful tech coach.  So many people that I met said that if I ever need anything to reach out.  I hope they meant it because I will…….soon…….

No comments:

Post a Comment